Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Out of Control Garden

Today I practiced writing the letter E in uppercase and lowercase. I also wrote the numbers 1-20. I completed a visual assessment of the alphabet and the numbers 1-100. I only got one letter wrong and two numbers. I wrote the words cent, dollar, and money in my Social Studies Journal. Then we played banker. I started learning about money today; pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, one dollar bills, five dollar bills, ten dollar bills, twenty dollar bills, and one hundred dollar bills. I read the BOB Books 1, 2, and 3, Mat, Sam, and Dot. I can read Mat and Sam by myself but I still need help with Dot. I spelled the word hat all on my own too. Then we read the book "How Groundhog's Garden Grew" by Lynne Cherry and wrote a summary. The book was about a Little Groundhog who didn't have any friends because he ate from everyone's garden. Squirrel took the time to teach Little Groundhog how to plant his own garden. Little Groundhog invited all his new friends over for a feast after the harvest. Finally, I went to check on the garden. It is growing out of control. I picked more strawberries and found a new pepper. 
I practice writing letters every day. Today I wrote the letter E.
Math is my favorite.
 Click on the arrow to watch me complete my math work.
Today I played banker and learned about money.
Today we read the book,
"How Groundhog's Garden Grew" by Lynne Cherry.
I think we will have to share our vegetables.
Look at the beautiful flowers blossoming.
The row on the left are the beets and
the row on the right are the carrots.
Look I found a bell pepper growing in the garden.
This bell pepper is green but it will turn red when it is ready to pick.
More strawberries are growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment