Friday, July 19, 2013

I Like To Work

Today I woke up not wanting to get out of bed. I knew I would have to face that BOB Book number 4, Mac again. Even though I have read it a few times, Mac still makes me nervous. I waited until the very last of my morning lessons to read my BOB Books. Can you guess how it went? I will tell you more further down.
I began my school work today by naming things that I find the refrigerator. The funny thing is, I just put my milk, grapes, and noodles away so there were three things on my list. I added water, watermelon, lemonade, carrots, and lettuce.
Next I practiced my handwriting with the letter Q in uppercase and lower case. One of my favorite words has the letter q in it, equal. I like equal because it is a math word. 
Then I did some math work. I practiced my numbers 11 - 30 and completed some addition problems. While I was practicing my numbers my brain got the hiccups and I thought the number 14 was 44 even though I knew it wasn't. 
The library book we read today was titled, "Henry and Mudge and the Wild Goose Chase", written by Cynthia Rylant. It was a funny book about a boy who goes to a farm with his dog, mother, and father. He and his dog find a goose who honks at them and chases them.
Finally, it was time to read my BOB Books. We added BOB Book number 5 today, titled Dot and Mit. I didn't have to read it because it is new. Instead it was read to me. Afterward though, it was time for me to read Mac again. I reviewed the hard word "had" again and off I went. I didn't do too bad at all. I try to keep remembering that at one point the BOB Books Dot, Sam, and Mat were all too hard for me too. As long as I keep trying, I will become a better reader.
Oh, and of course I checked on the garden. The corn is so much taller than me. Actually, it is even taller than my dad. My pumpkin is growing bigger and there were many banana peppers for me to pick.
I wanted to go to the library to return all the books I have read this week. It was so hot today that the library was closed.

I am headed to my mom's house for the week. I will see you back here on Monday, July 29th. Be certain to check on my garden for me while I am away by visiting the Garden Cam.
Here I am practicing my handwriting.
Click on the arrow to watch me practice my handwriting.
Math is my favorite subject.
I love adding numbers together.
I love to do addition equations.
The five BOB Books I have been reading. 
Today we read, "Henry and Mudge and the Wild Goose Chase"
by Cynthia Rylant
My garden is growing out of control!
Today I found a potato plant that we started
by planting a potato that had a sprout growing out of it.
See those tassles? That means an ear of corn is going to grow there.
Do you remember when the corn wasn't even up to my knees?
You can tell me your answer in the comments section below.
My first pumpkin grows bigger and bigger every day.
More tomatoes are on their way.
I picked so many more peppers than this today.
I had to carry them in my shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment