Monday, July 15, 2013

I Had Fun!

Today it was back to the school work. School starts again in five weeks and I want to be ready! Today I remembered how to spell the month July, by myself. We talked about things that are blue to start the day. I said things like the sky, the ocean, the pool, and my shirt.
Next I read four BOB Books, Dot, Sam, Mat, and our newest one Mac. Tomorrow I will try to read the book Mac on my own. Next I practiced writing the letter J in uppercase and lowercase. I thought it would be easy because my name starts with the letter J. But, I had a very hard time with the lowercase j. I wanted to write j, but my hand kept writing a 5 without it's hat. I will just have to practice more.
Then I practiced my numbers 11 - 30 and I did some addition equations. I really like math. This past year in school I learned how to use my fingers to help me add. Today I started learning a new way to use my fingers to help me add when the numbers get bigger. I say the biggest number and then I use my fingers to add the other number. 
Today we read the book "Strega Nona's Harvest" by Tomi dePaola. It was about Strega Nona, Big Anthony, and Bambolona growing two gardens and having so much food they shared with the entire village. I share my vegetables with people I know too. 
I copied the names of vegetables in our garden onto paint sticks. They will be place-markers in the garden so that everyone knows where where all the vegetables are. We went to the garden and put them all in the ground. While we were out there we found more banana peppers ready to be picked. 
This is me filling out my Goal Sheet for the day.
I love learning how to read using my BOB Books.
Here I am writing the letter j.
Math is my favorite subject to learn. 


Click on the arrow to watch me make place-markers for the garden.

Here are the place-markers for the garden.
Today's book was "Strega Nona's Harvest" by Tomie dePaula.
I like reading new books.




 Click on the arrow to watch me pick strawberries.


Click on the arrow to pick the peppers with me.
Here are the banana peppers and strawberries I picked today.
One of the pumpkins that is growing in the garden.
This pepper will change to color to red and then I can pick it. 
The string beans are finally starting to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment