Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taking Care of Business

Today I practiced writing the numbers 9 and 10. I watched the video The Life Cycle of a Plant again. I finished a worksheet where I labeled the parts of a seedling; seed, roots, sprout, stem, and leaf. I wrote the words seed, sprout, and root in my Science Journal and the words explore, neighborhood, and neighbor in my Social Studies Journal. I completed two assessments today. The first one was on the sounds every letter makes. I got 23 of the sounds correct. I need to practice the sounds that the G, N, and U make. Because I did so well on that assessment I got to move up to the video The Talking Word Factory. I learned today that when I put the sounds of letters together, the sounds make words. My second assessment was on recognizing the numbers 1-100. I only missed six numbers, they were 14, 16, 40, 50, 80, and 90. We read the book "Maisy Grows a Garden" by Lucy Cousins. I completed a Reading Response Journal graphic organizer that I used to summarize the story and predict what would happen next. I also got to draw pictures. Finally, I checked on my garden. I spent some time watering the plants and talking to them. I told them all about how the Pittsburgh Penguins lost the game last night and the Boston Bruins won. I also hammered the fence. When I was finished for the morning my Uncle Brad stopped by to see my garden.
Click on the arrow to watch me write the word explore.
After watching the video The Life Cycle of a Plant,
I labeled the parts of a plant.
Today I read "Maisy Grows a Garden" by Lucy Cousins
I water the plants every day.
This is me watering more plants.
I water the garden every day, unless it rains.
Click on the arrow to watch the video.

2 comments: