Friday, June 7, 2013

Rain Helps the Garden Grow

Today I practiced writing the letter A in upper case and lower case. I also worked on the numbers 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8. In my math journal I wrote the words nine, ten, eleven, and the numbers 9, 10, and 11. In my social studies journal I wrote the words city, downtown, and bridge. I live close to downtown in my city and there are many bridges here. We read the book "Once There Was a Seed" by Judith Anderson. 
Since I was having a hard time remembering the parts of a plant, I bought one and took it out of the pot. You can watch a video below of me naming the basic parts of a plant. Afterward, I put it back in the pot and in the garden. It has rained for the past two days. The carrots and corn are growing. My dad built a stand to hang my scarecrow on. You can see a picture of it below. Finally, I asked my dad to drive me to the library. I returned some books and check out some others. My dad said he would keep them safe while I'm at my mom's house. I really like the library. I've been there three times this week!

I'm going to my mom's for the week.
Please visit the website again on Monday, June 17, 2013.
Me practicing writing the letter A.
Me practicing writing the numbers 4, 5, and 6.
Bubby Wubby and me listening to today's story.
Today's book was "Once There Was a Seed" by Judith Anderson.
My dad built this stand to hang my scarecrow on.
The scarecrow will keep the rabbits and birds out of my garden.
This is me checking out another book from the library.
Click on the arrow to watch me take care of my garden.
Click on the arrow to watch me name the parts of a plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment