Wednesday, July 2, 2014

It's Okay That USA Lost Because They Played Hard

Yesterday Team USA lost to Belgium in the World Cup, but they worked very hard and we should all be proud of our team. Tim Howard was the best. He is our team's goalie and he also plays for Everton. He did really good yesterday and broke the record of how many saves a goalie has had in a World Cup match in the past 50 years. Tim Howard blocked 16 shots. I like how when you watch sports you can also do math with all the numbers with goals and shots and time.

Today I worked to get my school stuff done before I went to my hockey skating lesson. Later today I'm going to bake a USA cake. I'll share picture of that tomorrow. I like baking because it is kitchen science and I practice math because I measure things. But mostly I like to crack the eggs.

Things I did today:

Flags of the World Cup Flash Cards: 20/32 (best yet)
Thinking Skills Flash Cards: 1) A pilot flies the airplane when you got to Buffalo. 2) The grocer tells you how much to pay for your food. 3) The Ankylosaurus has bony plates to protect it.

Sound Search
Summer Pack

Same Ending

I wanted to share this bell I colored because
it is the best coloring I have ever done and I'm very proud of it.
Sight Words: 54/55
Sounds C & D
Picking Apples (Describing): There is a guy in the tree getting apples. Two people are running with each other. There is a boy swinging on the apple tree. The girl is getting the apples and the boy is helping put them in the bag. The girl is eating the apple.
Dreamy Max (Interpretation & Guided Reading)
Sequencing
Consonant Sounds & Sequencing
Subtraction & Addition
About Me: Address (Writing)
Story Cubes
Think, Draw, and Write (Thinking Skills)
 
Problem Solving
Telling Time
World Cup Flags Mix n’ Match
Hidden Picture
SPT
Journal Writing

BOB Books Set 4 Books 1-4




No comments:

Post a Comment