Monday, June 16, 2014

I'm Back and Ready to Share

I finished Kindergarten a week ago and I've been working on my vegetable garden for over a month. This summer I will be preparing for 1st Grade by reading more, learning how to spell more words, writing book reviews, adding and subtracting two digit numbers, learning more about my vegetable garden and using my microscope, and learning how to code through code.org.

Just like last summer you can visit our Garden Cam any time of day. It looks a little different this year. We learned a lot about gardening last summer and so far this year's garden is growing bigger and better.

Today I focused on getting back in the groove of working in the moring so that I can go to the pool. I did everything except my hour of code, because there's a thunderstorm coming. I will do that when I get back. Here is what I did today:

Read a library book: Good Dog by Maya Gottfried
Flags of the World Cup Flash Cards 12/32
Thinking Skills Flash Cards
Story Cubes
Rhyming Words
How Many Letters in a Word?
Sight Words Goup 1 47/55
Beginning Sounds A & B
Find the Missing Letter
A Day in the Park (describe what's happening in the picture)
Meet Max (interpretation & guided reading)
About Me (writing)
Objects Taller/Shorter
Objects Heavier/Lighter
Subtraction
Maze
SPT
Journal Writing
Read four BOB Books
I also watered the vegetable garden and asked the watermelon to grow.

This is what the garden looked like a month ago.
This year I planted everything from seeds, except the tomatoes.
Hard working farmer.


No comments:

Post a Comment