Friday, August 16, 2013

To New Beginnings

Today is the last day of my Summer Project 2013. The new school year starts for me next Thursday. I worked very hard over the past seven weeks with my dad. When I started the Summer Project 2013 at the end of May I knew most of the alphabet, numbers 1 - 20, how to add small numbers, and how to write my name. I did not know the letters of the alphabet make sounds or words. I did not know how to spell or read and I never had a library card. I did not want to go to the library, learn how to spell, or learn how to read. I did not like to read a book before I went to bed. I didn't know I could grow a vegetable garden in my own back yard.
Today, I can tell you the sound every letter makes and which ones are constants and vowels. I know how to spell fourteen different words on my own. I can sit down with you and read six different books to you. I have my own library card and I love going to the library to check out books to read before I go to bed every night. I know my numbers 1 - 100 and I can even add more numbers together. I grew a vegetable garden that my family eats from every night.
This isn't the end of my website. I will be back soon with a new project. For now, thank you for spending the summer with me.
Take a look back at how my vegetable garden grew throughout the summer.
WEEK 1





WEEK 2



WEEK 3





WEEK 4




WEEK 5






WEEK 6




WEEK 7



No comments:

Post a Comment