Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Microscope Fun

Before I went to the pool today I did all my school work. It was a busy morning, but it was fun! You can find my book review at Books We Read and don't forget to check out my Garden Cam
Today I:
Flags of the World Cup: 10/32
Thinking Skills Flash Cards
Story Cubes: "There was a bee and I saw a rainbow. I locked the bee inside the rainbow."

Sound Search
Listen for the Beginning Sound
Sight Words 51/55
Counting & Writng Numbers
Ordinal Positions 1-3
Matching Words
BOB Books
The Alphabet Sounds Review
Max Plays (Interpretation & Describing)
About Me (Writing)
Before/After Letters
Uppercase/Lowercase Match Review
Rhyming Words
Consonant Sounds
Sequencing Story Pictures
Addition
Hidden Picture
Telling Time
SPT
Journal Writing

Microscope Discovery (looking at flower pedals and zucchini leaves)
The left slide is part of the zucchini plant's stem.
The top right is a piece of zucchini plant leaf.
The bottom right are two petals.
Cells in the zucchini plant leaf.
This is a hair from my cat Mr. Woofer. He was nearby while I was working.
He didn't mind.
Can you see the thorns from the top side of the zucchini plant leaf?
More zucchini plant leaf cells.
I am taking the stem apart so I can look at it under my microscope.  
This is a slide of the stem of a zucchini plant.
Even the stem has tiny thorns on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment