Monday, August 11, 2014

Only Two More Weeks Before School

I'm working hard this week to continue my studies as I prepare for 1st Grade. School starts on the 27th and I can't wait to go to 1st Grade.

If you look on the Books We Read section of this website you will see that I have read fifty (50) library books so far this summer. My goal was to read seventy-one (71) books before school starts, but I've decided to change it to eighty-eight books (88) That means I only have thirty-eight (38) books to go. That's math you know and math is my favorite. I can add and substract single digit and some two digit numbers in  my head.

On Saturday I went inside the library by myself and checked out some books that we had ordered. I also asked if they had the Disney Cinderella movie all by myself. The librarian said they didn't have it, but she did order it for me from another library. I want to watch the movie because I am in my sixth day of Pittsburgh CLO Summer Camp and we are putting on a production of Cinderella on Friday. This year I have four (4) lines, that's the most lines I've had yet. I am going to be a Town Crier, one of the mice, and one of the narrators. I'm very excited.
Me talking to the librarian at my local public library.
Here is what I did today before going to CLO Camp:

Sight Words: 54/55
Flags of the World Cup Flash Cards: 19/32
Rhymes are Silly
Matching Letters
Summer Pack
Thinking Skills Flash Cards:
1) Toucans put their tails over their heads when they sleep.
2) The optometrist checks your eyes.
3) The nurse helps people when they are sick and gives you a sticker if you are good.
4)The Toujiangosarus was found in China and the spikes help protect it.
Sounds of I & J
About Me (Writing)
Beginning Sounds b,c,d,g,h,n,p,s,f,j,l,m,r,v,y
Max: The Birthday Dog (Interpretation & Guided Reading)
Happy Birthday to You (Describing) Max is ast the party. It is somen's birthday. They eat cake and bring presents.
Wintertime (Describing) It is wintertime. In winter you can build a snowman, go sledding, throw snowballs, and make snow angels.
Addition: Bonding Numbers
Subtraction
Position Words
Big and Small
Hidden Pictures
SPT
Same and Different
Reading a Clock

BOB Books Set 4 Books 6,7,8 Introduction
Beginning Sounds K & L
Short Vowel Sounds
Predicting Outcomes
Story Cubes: My friend the bee was locked and the water was coming.
Finally, I played a game of Stratego.
Here are my journal entries for today and the past three days.



No comments:

Post a Comment