Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Shopping Day

Today I started out by writing the words, ground, dirt, water, field, trip, and place in my Science and Social Studies Journals. I also practiced writing the numbers 1 and 2. Then, I practiced writing lines, circles, and slanted lines. We read the book, "Curious George The Perfect Carrot" by Joe Fallon (adaptation of Marcy Goldberg Sacks television series). We played another game of dominos and dad surprised us in the middle of the game. He found money and we counted it. Then, using our survey from yesterday, we made a list of things we would need to buy at the store to create our fruit and vegetable garden. Finally, we went on a field trip to Lowe's where we bought seeds, baby plants, and tools to help us start building our garden tomorrow.

Today's library book was "Curious George: The Perfect Carrot".
This is where I will plant my fruit and vegetable garden.
We measured out the area for our garden.
My dad drew a funny smiley face while we were staking out the garden.
We went on a field trip to Lowe's to buy supplies for our garden.
Here I am with my seeds and some of the plants for the garden.
This is a video of me pushing the cart at Lowe's.
Just push the play button to watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment